Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 3

Dinner last night was so much fun with the UEF students. We ate these delicious pancakes that we wrapped in rice cakes.  It was absolutely amazing.  Then they took us to a frozen yogurt place I ate so much food last night I have never felt so full in my life.

Today we didn't have any classes we just had 3 company visits. First we went to and industrial park called VSIP. It was a lot like Phu My Hung with their plans of building new residences, activity center, shops, and other businesses.  Its like a whole new city. After that we went to II-VI the largest laser producing company in the world.  I really liked this visit because I got to see how the lenses in the lasers were made for things like hair removal and laser eye surgery. The tour of the facility was really cool.  We got to see how they put together all of the products by hand! It is so tedious. Some of the workers need a microscope and tweezers to put together the products. II-VI was so interesting and they answered all of my questions really elaborately so it was easy to understand what exactly everyone was doing. Then in the afternoon we went to a Vietnamese bank which surprisingly was the most fun company visit we have had so far. They were extremely nice and really funny.  One of the workers came up to me and asked my age, after responding I was 19 he got this shocked look on his face and said "I am 33....that not to old." and then smiled at me. After that he started taking handfuls of little Vietnamese mint candies and shoving it in all the girls purses or putting them in our hands. It was so funny, none of us could stop laughing! Everyone was in such a good mood and having a good time.

During free time we decided to walk around and explore. We walked all around and got coffee, went shopping. At first all the guys complained about shopping but they were the ones that ended up buying so much stuff. I bought a really pretty embroidered shirt at an extremely little shop. There were so many cute little stores. After that we all went to Pho 24 for dinner. The food was amazing as usual. I'm getting so good at using chopsticks that I ate my entire soup with them. It was impressive.
Exploring the Streets of Ho Chi Minh

Motor Bike Traffic. Insane Right?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...Shopping....if the prices are good, go crazy...but of course everything must fit in your suitcase...
    And get some recipes...Vietnamese cooking is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete