Sunday, May 8, 2011

During the Flight

I'm sitting in the Hong Kong Airport running on about a total of 2 hours sleep in the past 24 hours. The 15 hour plane ride was extremely exhausting. On the plane I sat next to a young Vietnamese woman whom a talked to for a while.  She is visiting her family in Vietnam as a one year memorial for her father, who passed away a year ago.  She was very fascinated by the Plus3 Program and she gave me a lot of tips to keep in mind during my trip.  She showed me some dong she had in her wallet from the last time she was in Vietnam, and gave me tips on how to safely cross the road. It was really touching how excited she was for me to be able to see Vietnam.  Just talking to her about it really made me appreciate this opportunity, and has made me super eager to see the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment